The parents have arrived in a semi-timely fashion. The airlines should just add two hours to each flight and be done with it - delays just happen. Steph will arrive today - about 12 hours late, but that's ok I will leave work early to go pick her up. Great excuse!
So far we have managed to keep the Christmas tree alive and well watered. We got it Thanksgiving weekend so it's getting a bit old, but still sucking up water every day - that is a good sign. The kitties are enjoying their time under it, but starting to not sit too long as I think they might be getting pokies now from the needles falling. Mani is doing a bit better and is on new pills now for his crystal issue. Oh the joy I had this morning shoving it down his throat. He only foamed at the mouth for five minutes this time and didn't lose the pill he was trying to hard to puke up. I know the elf saw that one!
Tonight kicks off 4 days of fun! First up is a NY Italian dinner, take-out style of course because they serve you way too much food when you eat there! Christmas Eve we are heading to the city to enjoy lunch in Times Square (gotta love Open Table for finding a good place!) and then to see the Rockette's in the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Show. After I'm hoping it starts to snow a little so the lights in the city will look cool - I mean they are cool without the white stuff, but they just seem to twinkle more with snow. We missed the big storm this past weekend so we would love to see some. Christmas we will put the kitchen into workout mode and eat lots of yummy food and of course open gifts. Now if the weather man is holding true to his word we should have a good dose of ice on Christmas Day.
Now I'm thinking I need to take lots of pictures... and hey my house is really clean so it's ok to do that!
No comments:
Post a Comment