I almost pulled it off! I've been eyeing flat screen tv's for a while and finally decided the time was right to surprise Mark. According to him I am awful at surprising him - if you've seen the Modern Family episode where she brings in a surprise musician for their anniversary I would say that is pretty accurate scenerio in our house. Let's just leave it at that please. We love Modern Family and I can't wait to watch it on our new TV!
So Monday I saw my dream TV drop in price a lot and then I noticed that they were clearing out last year's models and I just ordered it - didn't ask Mark because, ahem, this was a surprise. Last year was actually a good year at my company because we made so many changes with vendors and such that we came out ahead and I got a nice bonus along with everyone else. And then they upped the bonus so this was "found money" and I knew Mark would love the tv once it was here.
The spoiler alert.... Monday night I was late coming home from a work dinner and they called to confirm the order. Guess who heard it... yep. Mark heard the message. Now it was not overly detailed - thank goodness - but still he found out! It was here by Friday afternoon and set up Friday night. Even I set it up with no help from Mark. Well ok he did help me assemble it.
What do I love about this TV:
It's green - and LED model so low energy usage and that will save us money on electricity...
Sports are pretty cool - Nascar I'm sure is awesome honey...
Cartoons - absolutely amazing. (do not ask why I am watching cartoons - they are just "on" and I didn't turn the chanel fast enough and am now hooked on the graphics)
Wireless capabilities so we can do the internet widgets.
Netflicks will come right to our tv! Once I get my linky stick.
And finally... I was told to go buy drapes for the living room. Finally. Woohoo!
Happy Surprise Mark!
1 comment:
What an excellent surprise! Good job.
Post a Comment