Monday, July 16, 2012

20 weeks

Unlike my sister I am referring to a pregnancy and not how long my husband has been deployed.  20 weeks done and 20 weeks (or less) to go!  We are halfway there.  Not much going on other than persistent nausea up thru 18 weeks and random at this point.  Totally random.  Mark has done quite a bit of cooking and fending for himself.  Lane is easy with mac-n-cheese.  It is getting better and I am eating more meat.  No steak though.   Not much in the way of kicks either as there is a “pillow” of placenta blocking that feeling.  Maybe a few wiggles?  The ultrasound pictures were a bit fuzzy because I had an Oreo Cookie Coollata right before – wiggle, wiggle.  Don't recommend that to anyone.

Lane is as excited as an under 2 year old can be.  He has no clue he might just get to share his birthday for many years to come.  That’s where the early part would be nice so he wouldn’t have too.  Late November is just fine with me!   I’ve been coaching him about the baby and he seems to think he has one in his belly button too.  He pulls his tummy skin out to see his button.  Kind of funny.  I don’t have that problem – I can see mine!
We will be making a few changes to the nursery and adding in some pink!  Or maybe purple?  Taking out some boy stuff and add in some girl fluff.  This means the bedroom shuffle and a big boy bed will go down in September.  Tried the big boy bed last month.  Fail.  Four nights of misery.  Stay in bed.  Haha…  Didn’t work.

The name debate is on-going.  There is a name, but also discussions of other names.  That will be the one surprise for the big day!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Pink!!! WooHoo!!! So happy for you!! I had the placenta up front with Charlie too. You'll feel kicks as she gets bigger. Congrats!!