Lane has always -
almost always – been a good sleeper.
Last week he had some teething going on so sleeping all night wasn’t
happening. Nor was going back to bed
after screaming for “mommy”. He’s
developing his own little mind and surprises me at times with what he’s
thinking. At one point I was rocking him
and he insisted on getting off my lap.
Ok, fine. I had the gate closed
and I thought he might just lay down on the floor and go to sleep. Nope. He took my hand and led me to the gate. Told me to open it and then led me to my bed
and pointed at it. Yep, he wanted into
our bed. At 3 am I found it cute and I
was pretty tired so he got his way and I sort of got mine. He fell asleep pretty fast so I then took him
back to his bed. Fail. He woke up.
So I started all over and pretty much gave up trying to sneak him back
into his room. He’s feeling much better
this week so he’s again sleeping all night.
He did wake up shortly after I went to bed the other night and Mark took
over. Normally he doesn’t fall asleep
for me when I rock him, but for Mark he did.
Guess who’s got a new job at our house.
Daddy! Night time rocker!
He’s also started wanting to sleep with his stuffed
friends. Buzzy Bee is the favorite
thanks to Grandma Koenig! It’s cute
enough that I’ve been tempted to take a picture of it, but that would mean
potentially waking him up. Not worth it
so here’s a picture from our trip home from Michigan last month…

No comments:
Post a Comment