Being that Valentine's Day fell on a Sunday going out on Sunday night is not something we usually attempt. So I attempted a treat at home. It had to be super easy and this doesn't get any easier than this: Foolproof Standing Rib Roast Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network - it took me 2 minutes from the time I pulled it out of the fridge till I popped it in the over and half that time was trying to get the packaging off. How's that for an easy dinner? We had baked potato's, corn and aspargus. And Mark did dishes!
Then I decided to attempt something we love to get when we got out - when we do get dessert that is - and that is not very often. Bread pudding. Never really had much of this stuff until a few years ago and I was sure it was tricky. Not so much tricky, but so many ways to do it. Way too many recipes and most involve a ton of butter. Finally found one that was from Cooking Light so we wouldn't feel so guilty eating it more than a few days in row. I improvised at bit using vanilla flavored rum and my own vanilla sauce. Like a vanilla glaze (few tablespoons of melted butter, a dash of vanilla, about a cup of powdered sugar and then some milk to make it runny). The Yummy Bread Pudding recipe.
As for gifts I got an awesome box of chocolates and pretty roses! Mark will be going to the Notre Dame vs. Navy football game at the new Giant stadium in October. Of course those tickets come in two's so I will be going too!
1 comment:
You never had bread pudding at home because your dad doesn't like it. Sounds like a perfect day!
Post a Comment