Sunday, May 22, 2011

the good Catholics

or maybe not? I swear mass was at 9:30 am. Not the one we usually go to, but I needed to go so I could pick up our envelopes for the new church we just joined. Wasn't overly pleased with our current priest oversharing of other parishoners personal information during homilies - time to move on. He's been there for 15 years. Guessing no one else will take him? Either way the new church is a breath of fresh air.
Probably a good thing I like to be early to get a strategic seat. Walked into the 9am mass at 9:15. I decided I'd stay because I was carrying a good excuse for being late. Lane. The only person who gave me a not so not nice look was the older lady running the 6th grade bake sale on the sidewalk outside. I'm guessing she was cold and she volunteered thinking it might be a nice sunny Sunday morning. Bummer for her. Double bummer was I wouldn't be buying anything. Too many bridal shower leftovers from yesterday. No treats for us!
Bonus... mass got done at 9:45. 30 minutes - sweet.
Appears it's nap time for someone! later!

No comments: