Sunday, May 1, 2011

sleepy time

Now I'm probably going to jinx myself or Lane, but we are on night #4 of him going to sleep after I put him to bed and there is virtually no fussing. Don't ask me how I did this or what we did to deserve this - I don't have any tips for you. The first night he did it I had put him in his crib to get a few things done and before I knew it the room was silent. I looked and he was sound asleep. The 2nd night I put him down and said good night and again he went right to sleep. So that is now our routine. There is a secret sort of....




Monkey and baby Wayne with Lane! And I didn't even have to stage this!


Yes, I said baby Wayne - as in baby doll, but I am not allowed to say he has a doll. Boys don't have dolls I am told. ok, whatever. Wayne makes Lane happy so I will call him anything my husband desires. In case you are wondering how he got the name Wayne it's on his outfit we did NOT give it to him. In fact Wayne was a gift from my friend Lisa and her sister and mom when we saw them over Easter. I agree that Wayne is a unique name for a doll - not one I would have chosen. Sort of looks like a Joey doll. Now Mark is going to ask who Joey is. First sister to tell that story might get a prize. lol!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

How did I miss that his name was baby Wayne? Perfect. And I win the prize. Joey was Julie's doll from the 70's. I actually bought her one a few years ago.

Marjie said...

You and Mark are so calm, Lane caught it from you two. I saw the action figure, Wayne in South Bend when you were there.

Stephanie said...

Boys who have dolls grow up to be good dads! I dont remember Joey doll but now that i know i can pretend i was involved.