Wednesday, May 16, 2012
toddler time
Lane is about to graduate to the toddler room at school from the infant room. To prep him we talk about it and each morning we've been stopping to see the teachers and kids in the room. For the past week he's been going to play with the toys right away. Can't wait for me to put him down. Today he slid down me before I could even let go. Big lego's, train sets, cars, trucks and puzzles are big ticket items. He loves to pick something out to take to the infant room usually a car, train or truck. Once he picks it out he runs off with it like someone is going to stop him. Way better than the baby toys! Yesterday morning three of his friends who've graduated to the toddler room were excited to see him when we stopped by. A hug from Jay is a given - they watch the kisses carefully because I guess he bites when he kisses. He was the last little one to graduate to the toddler room about 9 months ago so there is a considerable age gap, but he's as tall as Jay and says as many words so this might not be so bad. The little girls however decided they loved Lane too and proceeded to hug, kiss and pat his head. He looked at them like they were nuts. "Why are you hugging me I want to play with lego's!" Guess he's not used to other kids hugging and kissing him? It was cute. He's ready to move up and I'm excited for the price break and not having to send snacks anymore! Not so sure how drinking out of a dixie cup will go. I, for one, won't be sending grape juice for the shared juice cupboard! Bring on toddler time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
no sippy cups? ouch
Post a Comment