Monday, September 3, 2012

little talker

Much talking this past week.  Some of my favorites are "don't do that mommy"... "don't do that daddy"... "no touch that" ... "what's that"..."where's daddy"... "don't do that"... "thank you mommy" (at least we have manners right?)...   "cookie"...  "I'm poopy" ... and this is before he's poopy, but putting him on the potty doesn't work yet either.  I did buy a special potty today and he was with me and got all excited and said "poopy" so he knows what it's for.  I don't expect him to use it anytime soon, but if he wants too that's great.
Lots of questions.  Lots.  And it's not just repeating what we say since he says "don't do that mommy" and it's not something he'd hear anyone else say.  He does call daddy "Mark" too.  It's hilarious and Mark doesn't like it.  I'm supposed to call Mark "daddy" now too so he stops.  Not working.
For the most part he is very clear in what he's saying with the exception of a few things.  No idea in those cases.  I think he's trying to tell me a story or about something that happened at school.  I'm quite excited that his little friend Patrick will be joining his class at school tomorrow.   We won't mention by name those moving up in the very near future, but I can't wait! 

1 comment:

Marjie said...

When you were very little you called us Marge and Paul like the boys I babysat for. You got over it.