Right before we moved him to his new room this is what I found one day at naptime. And yes that is a somersault in progress. Something he learned at school?
In an attempt to get him to sleep in his new bed dad crawled in with him one night. Guess who fell asleep first? Not Lane. Fortunately for me I can't crawl into bed with him the railing to keep him is to hard for me to climb over. Mark has decided it's hard to climb over it too.
All snugged up on dad! And out for the night.
This is not his bed - it's ours! Notice the toys? I didn't bring them in! Lane did!
The smile is one of temporary victory.
This is his fake "I'm sleeping mom" pose. He's not sleeping. But he's cute.
So last night we read stories, put on pj's and then had our "drink" of water. All routine. The drink is a new stall tactic. Then he squirmed to get down as I was putting him in his bed and when I put him down he led me back to our room. Ran over to the bed and said night-night and asked to be lifted up. Ummm what? Really cute and way too funny to not let him do it. So we had about 10 minutes of goofing around time and then I told him it was time for bed in his own room. Amazingly he agreed to go and went to sleep without a fuss. We've had some success with the white noise machine. He does like to push the buttons and last night it was crashing waves, which proved to be intesting. Listening to tweeting songbirds was a failure. Again not my choice of white noise!





2 comments:
Is he in the new room yet? It is hard to be strict when he is so darn cute. His hair grew out fast!
He is hilarious, love it!!
Post a Comment