The Schwan man stopped by on his route tonight. We don't always get stuff and tonight was one of those nights. Mark wasn't home and I left Lane in the kitchen when I went to the door. He gave me his specials and some coupons to use online for my next order cause you know that will get me to order next time... Lane wanted to know who it was and saying it was "Collin the Schwan man" didn't quite cut it. He kept asking so I finally said the man who brings your broccoli. Then he says "happy day"? Yeah the "happy day" man. Shouts of ice cream then started. Happy day is another word for an ice cream cone. We did get drumsticks over the summer and that was the night he'd get one to eat. Happy Day comes from his favorite book "If You're Happy and You Know It" where a twist ice cream cone is shown on the page for twist around. No other idea why he started calling ice cream cones happy day. Being I was not in the mood for a battle he did get a happy day cone and I figured out he's not really after the ice cream, but the sugar cone as he started eating at the bottom. He did listen when I told him he'd get all messy eating that way... remember last time. Stinker. He only got vanilla... the pumpkin special is all mine!


3 comments:
That's too cute! Happy day indeed.
Tell Buddy Grandpa will buy him a Happy Day when I get there and a Miller Lite for him. What's Lucy want???
The expression on his face is wonderful. He is in the happy day zone. Did the Schwan man hear what he said? Mom
Post a Comment