Wednesday, January 5, 2011

jealousy


in the form of a cat... leads to bad behavior. No harm to the baby, but let's just say the litter box is not as well used as it should be so off to the vet we went. Our concern was crystals in the urine, but we had to see a different fill-in vet and I had Lane with me - and he was loudly crying. Mani doesn't like that (no one does to be honest) and the vet thought maybe he was upset about the baby. Makes sense since he gets upset when we go on vacation. I really didn't want to leave him overnight on an IV so they could get a pee sample. Hello - expensive. Let's just try something else that is cheaper.
So he is now on kitty psych drugs to calm him down. I am familiar with it as we've done it before with him, but this time it's something we rub in his ears. I guess I seemed overly knowledgeable about the drug and the syringe to adminster it so the vet asked if I was a nurse. Now at first I thought it was a compliment, but isn't that a bit sexist? Couldn't I be a doctor? Gee... I guess the doctor in the family wouldn't be taking the cat to the vet and the nurse would? The vet was a nice older man... so old his office still uses typewriters to type up the prescription label. So in 5-7 days we will know if it works. In the meantime we are pouring on the attention.

3 comments:

Tina said...

poor kitty. our puppy is not handling g's arrival well, either. she is definitely depressed...hasn't acted out yet, but she just stares at me with the saddest eyes and sighs all day.

as for the nurse comment, i would consider it a compliment...nurses seem to be able to do EVERYTHING! in fact, i think they're better at a lot of things like injections than doctors. :)

Katie said...

that's true Tina! lol!

julie said...

Doctors are good at telling others to do injections because they have paperwork to go do... We are getting a good chuckle about all this because we can so relate. Both our cats eventually ran away and there was a lot of carpet messes before then...