Tuesday, March 1, 2011

grade school flashback

guess what I found in Lane's school bag today.... drumroll please...

A Scholastic Book Club Flyer.... already.please.save.me.now.... He's 3 months old! It's much like we used to get in grade school and thank god he can't ask me to buy them for him yet. I've noticed they don't always tell you what to do when something new is at school (like telling me to sign him out when I pick him up - didn't do that the whole first week. I mean how was I supposed to know that was what the list on the fridge was for? lol) I'm sure an explanation will come in about a week right before it's due. Surprise...
Now the good part about school is I've sort of made a friend so I can ask her and be prepared as I'm sure she doesn't buy the books. This particular mom has 3 kids with the youngest being in Lane's class. She's a teacher like Andrea and is always running late. (yes I know Andrea is never late it just explains why she is there so late each morning) She told me the other day that she could be late since she had a student teacher who she told she had to be on time. LOL! She's usually following close behind me every morning and also at pick up time. I'll be asking her about this book order form very soon.... stay tuned.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

You should check out the book order. They usually have some good deals and you can save them for when he's older. Unless he's getting a Kindle for Easter. ha ha
Andrea

H said...

Is a "hang in there kitty" poster an option for his room decor?

Katie said...

No kindle, but I will have to take a closer look at the form now.
He has all sort of animals in his room - racoons, ducks, deer, puppies, owls... I have a feeling his first word will be kitty - as in be nice to kitty.