Sunday, July 17, 2011

Getting good with food

That would be both Lane in terms of eating and me in terms of cooking.
First off is Lane and his love of all things big people.  This week had his first ear of corn and also learned how to hold his own bottle.  It's not full, but it does keep him occupied for quite a while. This is key in the morning.  The corn on the cob also kept him occupied.  Not sure if it's good that good can occupy him, but it's not cookies or ice cream so we'll say it's good for now.

Then me...  I found a new recipe to try this morning and I love the blog I found it on.  I love scones too and going out to get one in the morning just doesn't work when your husband goes on a fire call at 3:30 am.  And bagels rule the world around here.  Lane then decided it was "morning" at 5:30.   So much for making his room dark.  He sleeps longer when I forget to pull the shades - sometimes.  argh.  So I decided I would whip them up for a tasty morning treat.  Went great with my cinnamon coffee.
Here is the link..  Katie's favorite food blog.  Here is my final result.  I followed her directions of using the food processor and will do that for future scone recipes too.  It was way too easy!  Clean up was more work than making them!

1 comment:

Tina said...

lane is such a cutie!!!! and those scones look amazing. i need to make them. :D