Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lovin' the "Breeze"


Ok, I mentioned it once before that we were trying out this new kitty box. And no these are not my kitties, but Breeze models. Mine could do it, but this works just as well. We have issues or I should say our kitty has issues and will only use his box when it's clean. He is fastidiously clean and neat. Just this morning he was licking my hand and then using my hand to clean his head. Neat freak! No idea where he gets it - certainly not me. Since we aren't into OCD meds for poor kitty we have been trying to keep up with the box and well we aren't always the best at it. Going away on vacation spells trouble or should I say boarding and that is pricey.

So just short of buying this really expensive cat toilet - I am not that nuts - I found this new product at the pet store. The Breeze! The box was about $32 and it came with a start pack of pellets and pee pads. Pellets are changed once a month (maybe longer if I'm naughty and cheap...) and the pads every other day. That I will not skip on or it might start to smell. So far no ODOR!!! WOHOO! I hate cat pee! It's about the same price as litter, but there are no more cat litter tracks around the house and the stairs are now very clean. hmmm... So the big test would they use it. Well let's just say I set it up in the hallway outside the laundry room and poured the pellets in and Mani jumped right on it and peed. He never does that! One sniff and he was sold. It did take longer for the stink bombs, but they now use it for that too. Those get scooped out and flushed - the pellets don't stick to poop - whew. So I guess we need to buy one more box and make the transition. I am so excited!!!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You can change the pad once a week. I love mine too, will probably have to get another one, but well worth it, the smell is not as pungent.

Katie said...

once a week??? Mine is soaked after 2 days!

Stephanie said...

Mine probably is too, but they say a week on the package, and I just changed my first week and it was fine and not stinky. Also, you can rotate it half way through to use the whole pad.