Monday, January 4, 2010

Chicky Movie Review

What else is there to do when it's cold out and you have company? Watch some movies. We discovered Red Box at the local grocery store and can't just pass by the $1.08 movie deal. Mark has a knack for picking out chick flicks or for failing to notice which movies I get all excited about (chick flicks!). My parents didn't get much say, but didn't leave the room so they must have been ok. First up we watched "The Proposal" - I loved it. First of all it was shot in NYC and Alaska - great scenery. 2nd of all Sandra Bullock is in it. She was hilarious - along with grandma. Cute dog too! Definitely a movie worthy of viewing at home. Probably not found in theaters at this point anyway.
The next night he picked up "The Dog that Saved Christmas" - we mistook it for a similarly named Hallmark movie that was on in early December. It too had "dog" and "Christmas" in the title. Not the same movie! I don't know which was funnier - the talking dog or us mocking the movie. Ok... it was us for sure. I'll just spoil it now. The doggy star saved Christmas. It was sort of like "Home Alone". It didn't make the theaters so what does that tell you? Won't be at Red Box long, but you aren't missing much.
Last up we actually went to the theater on New Years Day. "Where in the World are the Morgan's" stars Sarah Jessica Parker and Hugh Grant. Pretty sure we chose it because Hugh Grant was in it. (Shannon was here visiting - so another chick flick was chosen!) Again this movie started in NYC and moved to Wyoming (I think?) and had great scenery too. See a trend? I like scenery. It was a highly predictable movie from start to finish. I think it would have been a much better ending to see where they were sent for witness protection and then come to trial, but no they ended it with the bad guy finding them in hiding.
Red Box is quite the deal... compared to the theater. The matinee was $7 - regular movies at night were $13. Got any good movies for us?

2 comments:

julie said...

you must rent Extract with jason bateman, HILARIOUS. he owns a factory. by the guy who did office space.

Andrea said...

I have been wanting to see The Proposal. Not the other movie though. I guess someone has to rent those.