Friday, January 1, 2010

Ringing in the New Year!

And how do we do that? With more company of course! Mark's cousin Shannon is here from Rochester and we kicked off the long holiday weekend with a trip to Woodbury Commons Outlets. It was totally dead - except for the tourists from China or Japan who pretend they couldn't see us and kept getting in our way. Normally I am not a shopper, much less an outlet shopper. The clothes is sub-standard at times and specially made for suckers going to the outlets. Some are not and you can find deals if you have the patience to look. I do not have patience for it. The Lenox outlet had a fab sale on my Christmas dishes and I'm sure I will be getting some for gifts at some point. Should have picked up a few more things, but oh well.
The new neighbors came over for appetizers and drinks. We didn't discuss what we were making. So we had lots and lots of chicken buffalo dip. Made different ways of course. Some other friends stopped over for a little bit and by midnight it was just the three of us and Mani ringing in the New Year and waiting to see if FoxNY got cut off by Time Warner Cable. They are fighting about having to pay to put them on the air. Like Time Warner doesn't make enough money to compensate Fox? Please. TV stations don't make money, but cable companies do.
We also got some snow... pretty snow and not much. AND Mark has TWO fire calls in 10 hours! To get a call every two weeks is good. Both some sort of car accident type things. The one at 3:00 am sounded not so good and involved downed wires. The worst kind of call - watching wires to make sure no one goes near them.
Now for catch up... it's been a while since Christmas Eve... We had some really mild weather after Christmas and mom and I were able to take a walk over the Mid-Hudson bridge - and not freeze! I only had on a t-shirt and sweatshirt and was fine. Gorgous day and many others had the same idea. The bridge is getting a lot of use and it's nice to see people out getting some exercise. If you go all the way across and back (and to your car since parking is never that close to the bridge) you are walking 2.5 to 3 miles. Maybe more.

Mom on the bridge with a shot south to NYC (about 60 miles south!)


Mother-Daughter shot going north. People are so friendly with helping take pictures - they just offer. And there are lots of camera's up there. It is the longest walking bridge in the world I hear so it's a tourist attraction of sorts. Come visit and we will take you there!

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy 2010 Katie!!! I hope you have a fabulous year!!!

Marjie said...

I loved the bridge, very scenic walk. Did I get you something at the mall?

Katie said...

Lenox is closing here so I might be getting a few as gifts ;~) Let me know if you want to get me any - I can go back!