Assuming you use one. haha... Last weekend during our time in the car - it was a long ride - we had time to listen to AM radio - some talk. And it was good because we were catching the DC stations. I can't remember who it was, but they were talking about how to make your disposable razor last longer. It was not an infomercial as they weren't selling anything and people called in live. Anyway he was talking about how if you dry off your razor after each use it will last for a year or more. Mind you the little rubber bumper (or moisturizing bar) will be gone, but it will still be sharp. They had challenged people to give it a try on a previous show and people were calling in after doing this for 120 days and their razors were still sharp. So I thought about it and I do use my razors for months at a time and I do dry them off sort of. At the end they explained that it's moisture that kills the blade and causes it to break down - something Gillette does not want you to know - notice how they say to leave it in the shower? Well don't - take it out and let it dry. Seeing how I like the Bic Soliel's this is a good thing to know - they are expensive disposals!
Now I'm sure someone is going to chime in and say they don't shave and their husband doesn't care, but really I don't want to know that! I know that if you don't shave your legs your razor would last until your 65 or something. I for one like my legs hairless!
1 comment:
Very interesting. I like nice expensive razors and hate the high price for refills. Don't like picky legs.
Post a Comment