The Christmas tree is up (the fake one) and the lights are on - well they are on it all the time, but I did plug them in. The cats love it. I'll get around to putting up a few decorations soon enough. Also the lights are up outside and that will delay putting in another motion light until spring I'm sure. The rest of the Christmas stuff... is mostly sitting in the living room waiting on the real tree in a couple weeks.
So did anyone beat me to getting up the tree? This is the earliest ever and is only because we are gone for Thanksgiving... Looking forward to seeing Julia and Charlie in South Bend and eating some turkey and tatters. With 24 hours in the car we have stocked up on DVD's and I also got two books on tape from the local library for when I get to drive - if I do. Saturday we went to sign up for a library card and I got two great new books as well - Janet Evanovich's latest - #14 I believe. Tiny little library, but a good selection of new reads.
Any suggestions of new books I may not have heard of???
3 comments:
3 Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson is a must- read. I got to hear him speak in Topeka a couple nights ago and I can hardly believe he is a real person. Then there are the Twilight books which are total fluff.
Twilight books? I love fluff
I also recommnend the Twilight books. I read the first one and need to go back and get the rest of them. I also really like Jodi Picoulet...Nineteen Minutes and My Sister's Keeper. I thought A Thousand Spendid Suns and The Kite Runner were really interesting. Definitely deeper books, but really, really good IMO.
Have a great trip!!!
Post a Comment