I'm not a white wall girl - I love color way too much. The creamy white when we first moved in looked great and I thought I would like it... but it got boring and I was itchy to paint. I love to paint and I have the process down to a science. First clear the room as much as possible, take off the switch plates, tape the bottom trim, tape the ceiling (I don't paint those!), spread the tarp and then work my way around the room. First I use the big roller and then I go back and do the trim and ceiling touch ups going wall by wall. So far we've done the kitchen, master bath, full bath, master bedroom, and two guest rooms! Wow - that's a lot now that I think about it. Mark has helped - he is great at taking off the switch plates and taking off tape. Mani is also helpful, but not allowed in unless he sneaks. Cali is entirely not interested - smart kitty. I don't care for painted kitty prints on my carpet. I do happen to like my light colored carpet without stains.
So without further ado here are my latest master pieces!
Guest room #1 - it's off the back of the house and doesn't get much light (facing north that just doesn't happen). The blue is called Nantucket Blue and is more gray this photo is showing.
Our room still has some work to be done so that will be coming later - like Christmas because the carpenter won't be coming till December to put up the final touches.
2 comments:
My bedroom looks great, can't wait to sleep in it again.
Please come paint my house! I have so much left to do and no time/energy. Please, please, please.
Post a Comment