Sunday, November 1, 2009

Effective Advertising

Today I went to the big city of Kingston for a little Target outing. It's been a while so there was quite a bit for me to look at and even a few things I needed to buy. I was trying to figure out how to get out of the parking lot - it's a maze - and ended up stuck at a traffic light. I look to the left and there's a McDonalds. Then I notice the huge tarp sign stretched across most of the store.
It said:
2 McGriddles for $3.
That's a deal I'm thinking and then I read the rest...
1,120 Calories.
In HUGE letters.
LOL! I've never had one of those sandwiches. I much prefer the egg McMuffin.
Now tell me how that sign is going to sell those sandwiches? Unless someone thinks they should be eating 4,000 calories a day. 1,120 is more than half of what a normal adult needs in one day. Never mind it didn't mention the fat. I can think of way better things to eat for that many calories. So now I'm really wondering why it was up? New city law?
I would have been afraid if it said the same about the fries.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

The Mcmuffin or fries can't even be close to that. That gross sandwich is sausage and cheese between two syrup laced pancake buns. Nasty!

Marjie said...

If you were real poor and hungry that is a huge bang for your buck. You could eat one now (gag) and one later (barf).