Monday, November 2, 2009

Proof that resume!

or you might end up on my funny of the day list....

"ABC (to protect this innocent company) Equipment Company is a manufacturer of personnel and material handling equipment."

Really you manufacture personnel? You make people? In companies that are not with the times employees are called personnel. I can't believe this company makes people? Now they do make heavy equipment. But I doubt that is to dig up people. That would be scary. I am guessing he means perSONAL. Not perSONNEL. It is the tag line under the company and I spotted it right away - and I am NOT an editor by any stretch of the imagination!
So should I tell him? He's going to be mortified. And I'm guessing someone will catch hell. At this level he might be paying someone to do your resume. CEO is pretty high up don't you think? In reality this is his fault because he should proof things before sending them out. And if he paid big bucks he should be getting a refund.

I got a lot of chuckle mileage out of this one.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

LOL!! Love it!! Thanks for the chuckle!

Marjie said...

You should tell him