.... into my own bed! Tuesday could not go fast enough. Two layovers and 6 hours of airport time! Next time I am paying way more attention to how those layovers work! Vegas was fun, but four days is enough. I had my fill of Mexican and will admit we did an all day buffet. Say what? All day buffet? Yep. Never heard of such a thing? Me neither until this trip. Let me explain why. It was free! F-R-E-E and came with our room at Excalibur - we stayed there the first two nights and then moved to Hard Rock Hotel. I was very worried about how the food would be at this all day buffet and that I would be trapped there all day. Surprise. You can come and go all day long from 7 am to 10 pm. You even get cuts coming back through - how's that for super piggy! Never fear remember I said this was free - this means we didn't feel the need to eat all three or four meals there or even snacks there - it was not our money, just our tummies. Breakfast was amazinly good, but we skipped out and went to PF Changs for lunch. Later on before the buffet closed we went back for a late snack and I got nacho's! yummy. Most people were paying for it - $29.95 to eat all day long and probably at least 4,000 calories for them. It was honestly close the best buffet I'd ever been too. Now maybe it was because we didn't eat dinner the night before and I was really hungry, but it did taste good going down. Needless to say we didn't pay for it the next day - too many great places to eat in Vegas.
My other favorite - other than PF's, which I'm sure you all know how good that is - was AGO at Hard Rock. We checked in there on a Sunday and it was 12x's points day and you only had to collect 100 points to get a $50 voucher for AGO, which is kinda pricey. I mean would you pay $12 for a little starter salad? hmmm... most likely not. I ended up with their pork chop and it was quite good - Mark had a porter house and then we split the warm chocolate cake and prune gelato. LOL! yes prune! Mark was a bit horrified I picked the prune, but it came with it and the waiter said it was really good. He was not lying - even Mark agreed it was good and he ate as much as I did. So as to not appear we were there for the free meal - because honestly that's why we went, but still - we ordered some drinks. Drinks were not supposed to be part of the deal, but they were.... hmmm.... ok it was worth it to go over the $100 I guess. Great meal considered all the quacky reviews online for the place. Reviews in Vegas are well ... not to be trusted is what I have learned. AGO is worth going too despite the snits online.
One more Vegas story... so I worked hard to get my 100 points on Sunday night so Monday night I was set on not gambling anymore, but for some reason agreed to play the penny slots. You know 150 pennies at a time. They still call it a penny slot and for some reason that sounds better than a buck fifty to me. I am talking about my shopping money here. So playing the penny slots I won $200 in one pull. I got all excited because the machine was going nuts and I couldn't figure out how much I won. On Saturday night I saw some lady win a million dollars - I was pretty sure that was not my fate and nope... $200 is still pretty good though. Then we started playing nickels. Won there too - $80 in a pull. This was only 45 cents at a time so still good. I ended up racking up over 600 points that night and walked out with about $180 at the end. Not bad considering I was done gambling.
We saw two shows - some magic show... Criss Believe - magic and stuff. Interesting - he was fun to look at. We also saw Love and it was very good! It's the Beatle's Cirque de Sol (and I'm sure I am not spelling it right...) show. I would love to go back and see it - and see the whole show UNinterupted! Let's just say that some people think being in Vegas is a license to drink way to much and be uber annoying. It was fun to watch her get kicked out, but it sort of spoiled it for those of us around her. They waited until the show was 3/4 of the way over. And in the meantime she downed TWO 32 ounce drinks. Stiff ones at that. So dragged out is more like it.
So the next Vegas trip... probably a long ways off - long ways. Mark actually booked an earlier flight home after his conference ended today. LOL! He is anxious to get home! A week there is way too long! We can skip Atlantic City for a few months now.
No comments:
Post a Comment