Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day March

The annual town parade was held in Milton this year - a move from Marlboro. Both are part of Marlborough just to confuse you more. The Vets of Marlborough moved it to a different route so Milton could feel a part of the parade and plan is to now move it back and forth each year. Just imagine the drama that unfolded in Marlboro as a result. The ice cream stand on the route was so upset they even started a facebook page. Hilarious. Part of the real reason they moved it is that there were three men from our area killed in the Civil War. They were Quakers and this year the parade ended in the park that was built were they lived. Lest us not forget the meaning of Memorial Day, which some in Marlboro have done. Many boycotted the parade. Grown-up, I know. Needless to say the ceremony at the end was the best attended ever and I thought they did a great job. I heard lots of good things about it. After they served refreshments in the pavillion that overlooks a little lake. Way better than ending in a school parking lot and boiling in the heat I must say.
Here's a few shots...


1 comment:

Marjie said...

Small town politics are a hoot! Love the pics. Your town is so cute and old.