Lots of rain and drizzle and nothing much exciting today. We did manage to fulfill my lifelong wish of eating at the Waffle House. LOL! Seriously always wanted to try it and honestly the waffle was pretty darn good. I had a pecan waffle and for the extra 49 cents it cost I think I got at least $3 worth of pecans - more than the waffle. It was very good! I was shocked it was $2.65! Seriously cheap, hot and tasty. The waitress was very entertaining and had the most interesting laugh. Mark also had a waffle - the buttermilk waffle and that too was good. A bit sweeter than mine. The city ham was good and not salty. I think with our huge orange juices and tip it was about the same price as hitting McDonalds for a breakfast meal. Way better this time around.
Last night we relied on Yelp.com for our dinner. The first place had a limited menu and nothing hit our fancy so we decided to walk down the street a little and we ended up at Tower 7, a Tex Mex place. This was also highly rated on Yelp. I would say it's a cross between Quodba and a fancy Mexican place. We did have our order taken at the table, but it arrived in little baskets or platters. The music was a little loud. The food was very, very good. Top of the line meats. No grizzle in the beef much to Mark's delight! He had the Tower 7 burritto. Lots of good stuff in it. I was impressed he tried the guacamole. My chicken quesadilla was yummy. It didn't come with any sides, but it was more than enough. For some reason I was a bit shocked by the place because it was so casual and from the reviews I was expecting more, but it is a college area which I did not know. I'd go back to Wrightsville Beach for another vacation and stay longer next time. We are not on the beach anymore, but there is a pool! Hope to test it out tomorrow after a round of golf!
3 comments:
Once, many years ago we ate at a Waffle house and I had a very memorable pecan pancake. Lots of pecans and very yummy.
ok sorry mom it deleted your comment! weird... I was deleting a different one!
ok maybe not?
Post a Comment