We have NO real Chinese places near us. The closest PF's is about an hour away. Not too far for a date night or something like that, but when Mark is gone I'm not going by myself and I really wanted good Chinese tonight. I thought I could get buy on some appetizers from the supermarket, but I scored with PF Chang's new frozen meals. I thought it was pricey at $7.99 for a 2 person entree, but in reality it's cheaper than a meal at the crappy Chinese joint next door. WAY BETTER!
Tried the Orange Chicken. Very good. Real pieces of white chicken breast - not particles and pieces of skin. Upon opening the bag I decided I would cook just a portion for me. Ends up I can get at least 3 meals out of a bag. So I divided up the chicken and sauce chunks and put it in the pan and covered it for 10 minutes. And it was DONE! Nothing else to do except eat it. I had made brown rice last night and it completed the meal. So if you don't have any good Chinese places near you I would highly recommend trying the PF's from the grocery store.
Now to test the chocolate lava cakes... can't go wrong there.
4 comments:
Good to know. I wonder if our grocery store has them.
Well, we are 2 hours from good Chinese but I fear I am also 2 hours from good frozen Chinese. No fair.
Ditto, maybe I can find it in Mt.P
they've been out a while I guess so check - we don't have that many special items here. heck the egg rolls I found suck so bad I didn't eat the one I made and the other is getting the boot!
Post a Comment