Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cousin time... and a surprise!

Something we don't get much. A weekend with the cousins (minus Sarah who we hope to see sometime soon!). For the most part we were running on little sleep so that always makes for lots of laughs. We started out Saturday morning with breakfast at Flour City Cafe in Rochester and did you know that a friatata includes eggs? Yep... The three lucky ones who ordered it got it with no eggs. Just a glop of goop - good goop none the less. After much giggling Mark spoke up and the poor waitress must have thought we were goofs. Next came the chef to check it out and sure enough he forgot them. Happens sometimes was his comment. This guy has a cooking show on TV! Way too funny! So out came a round of scrambled eggs. I much enjoyed my pancakes and I can tell they were made with eggs as they were fluffy.

Sunday was an adventure...

Garbage Plate Virgin #1 (it was split with Shannon!)

Garbage Plate Virgin #2 (check out that pile of food!)

Sunday we met up for lunch. Rochester is well known for their garbage plates. Trust me it doesn't taste like garbage - Jeff may disagree? But he did eat quite a bit of it. The more I think about it the more I want another. (see surprise below to understand why) I split mine with Shannon - it's a LOT of food and we had the fries, macaroni salad, hots dogs and hamburgers. It was topped with chili meat (not red and runny, but different than anything I've ever had), chopped onions, ketchup and mustard. Surely not something I should be eating much of! It was also a first for Jeff - he was in town from Seattle. I should also mention this is something most people get after a night at the bar. At 2:00 am. We showed up at 11 am and waited for them to open. Complete nuts or just soaking up the culture. I opt for soaking up the culture.

Lindsay wimped out and got a chicken tender sub. It did look tasty.

And finally... hidden deep in the post... baby S. enjoyed it very much thank you very much. No complaints or side effects after! I was warned of heartburn and other fun stuff and I felt great all day. We are 16 weeks and counting! More pictures to come later and other stuff. This is partially tummy and partially me making the shirt look full by pushing out what I do have. Might be room and time for another garbage plate before December!

3 comments:

Marjie said...

What did grandma say about your baby surprise?

Andrea said...

Love the shirt!

Kelly said...

WooHoo!!! Congrats! I'm so happy for you and your family!! 16 weeks...wow! You can keep a secret for a LONG time!! I hope you are feeling good...can't wait to hear the good news in December!!