Sunday, August 15, 2010

there has to be a perk?

To a middle of the night fire call or in this case 2 people hit by a train call. Nothing like that to roll you out of bed and think lots of blood and guts. I was very grossed out and didn't bother asking for any details when Mark got home. Did not want to know. Fortunately no one was hit after all, but they spent several hours looking in the weeds for them until the black box could be viewed. The video showed they were missed by mere inches. Idiots!
But back to the perk from my view... Mark was hungry afterwards and I'm guessing it was around 4:30 am and he paid a visit to Dunkin Donuts. Never one to resist a deal he got 6 donuts for $3 or something like that and of course what is a hungry girl to do? Let them go stale? No way! I had two for breakfast - go ahead gag - but in my defense both contained fruit. One was cherry filled and the other was a round blueberry one. High nutritional value - not! Much easier than cooking this morning though and cooking is not something I do these days if I am actually going to eat it. gag.
Mark is on cook detail for now and is doing very good. Last night we got to go out to Outback and it was quite yummy. Baked potato and a little filet. More potato than anything. The only other thing I really want to eat is a real taco - a ground beef taco. Maybe for lunch? That might mean I have to go grocery shopping since someone is still sleeping! I'm fine with the sleeping part, but the part where I have to go into the grocery store and face the meat section is not ok. He is doing good with the cooking and I had a very tasty BLT for lunch yesterday. He is more than capable thank goodness. Not only did he have the fire call half the night, but he painted the basement walls and part of the garage yesterday. Will work on pictures today of his handy work and also the partially done nursery. Oh and maybe me! LOL!

No comments: