(this was taken from the top of a hill in the distance)
One of the locals made the Fox 5 News in NYC last week with their Christmas display. I couldn't stop laughing because the news anchors were sure there was a typo and it had to be in Marlboro, NJ not Marlboro, NY. They had never heard of Marlboro, NY. I am guessing they really live under a rock in Manhattan because who on TV doesn't know Snooki and when they mention Snooki they frequently mention where she is from which can vary from Poughkeepsie to Marlboro on any given day. She is NOT from the Jersey Shore in case you had that fantasy going. I don't know her and won't pretend I do - we just hear stories from people who live around here.
Anyway major digression. Not only did the display make the news it made the newspaper locally - a weekly I might add. Big deal around here. So we bundled up Lane and decided to go check it out. Turns out it was 5 minutes from home. I was pretty sure we were just doing a drive by, but I still resisted putting on some warm pajama pants. Thank goodness I put on real clothes because we did hop out and take some pictures. We met the people who put up the display and he took our picture. They have over 140 hand painted signs of all sorts of characters and a crazy number of flood lights. Many are Disney and cartoon characters - lots of princesses and animals. I am guessing snow makes it look even cooler, but no snow here yet just the cold.
Getting ready to go sporting the hat from Grandma K and the famous fingers in the mouth. There is no preference to which fingers or fist go in just in case you are wondering.
In looking at the photo's now I see how you could take a fun Christmas card picture here with so many characters - see Fred Flinstone and Winnie the Pooh? I can see how kids just love this stop on the lights tour because it is not just lights and music. Santa also had a display, but we didn't wander too much and he was up on a hill of shrubs. Probably for a reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment