Friday, February 15, 2008

I Survived!

I think that's a song. Anyway I did survive my trip and made it home in time to catch some shut eye - some mind you, but not enough. My first flight was cancelled so that put me back 3 hours the first day, which as you know isn't really enough time to go get the car out of long term parking and go somewhere and then come back. I then had the whole row to myself on the rebooked flight and made it in time to catch my final leg. All in all this short trip of 6 hours ended up taking 12 hours! 12! That is nuts.
So the company. Interesting. They make the stuff that other companies then use to make their products like rubber life rafts and bullet proof vests. Not very big and lots of things I can do to keep busy. Loved the cute little town it was in and had lunch at a great veggie/organic type place. They did have some meat stuff, but not much. Went back for cookies to take home later - didn't want them to think I was too piggy. While they were for Mark I did eat one in the car - I was hungry! That salad didn't stick very well. Do they ever?
So now I am waiting patiently until next Wednesday to hear something from them. We are off to Vegas on Thursday so hopefully we will have lots to celebrate and I can buy some new clothes - more casual clothes are in order and maybe a pair of real jeans. WOOHOO!

1 comment:

julie said...

Oh, so you can pass up a good cookie, but only if you know you can go back later and get it...