Well about two weeks ago we entered pothole season in Michigan - we don't have spring we have potholes. So far this winter we've had 88 inches of snow - almost breaking the record from 1900. I'm sure it will be broken in the next week. Preferably while we are in Vegas! All the snow makes for lots of freezing and thawing and the breaking up of the roads.
So back to the potholes. I've heard many funny ways of describing them, but the best yet is "who forget to tell us we are in Beruit? I feel like I just woke up in a war zone." I would be more apt to say "come practice your Nascar driving skills because it's a game of serious dodge and weave while trying to figure out which way the oncoming traffic is going". When they span the whole length of the road you can't continue drafting and have to back off the gas. I've also noticed I'm not the only one dodging and weaving - everyone is and you shouldn't necessarily follow the fool in front of you. I swear some people hit them on purpose because if you can prove the city knew about the hole and didn't patch it within 24 hours you can ask for some money. Do they not know Grand Rapids has NO money to pay them with? Certainly not worth the pain for me to fight some pinhead at city hall. Now if I can only remember to take a picture of the chaos....
1 comment:
All that snow didn't convince you guys to job hunt in warmer climes?
Post a Comment