Thursday, February 28, 2008

Vegas!

Vegas was fun as you might expect. Lost some money and bought lots of great stuff. They have a new outlet mall between the strip and downtown and we were both very successful. I didn't get into the Coach store as the line was way too long, but I did manage to get a cool purse at Fossil. We saw Stomp (and both nodded off) and also Mysteyre (Circ de soule or whatever) and that was very good. I would highly recommend that show. Just don't sit in the front section or you might become part of the show! Poppa now has a whole new meaning. Feel sorry for the poor schmuck who ended up being Poppa.
Now for the food - Vegas has lots of great spots to eat and we got a few half off passes at some 4 Tickets place. Antonio's at the Rio was excellent - the best Italian I've had since Kansas City. Of course it was very expensive and thank god we had the coupon. It was still $60 and we didn't order any drinks. I can't pay $12 for a glass of red wine. We split a chopped salad that was mostly avocado. I had some cheesy noodle dish with veal on top and Mark had Lasgna - wish we had a fridge and micro for leftovers, but no. The best part of the whole meal was we could see them cooking in the open kitchen - front row seat - that was fun.
So now we are back and Mark is off to New York tonight with the kitties! He is getting anxious and has done a ton of things around the house this week including busting the vacuum cleaner. I'll just go buy a new one and have fun with it this weekend. The house is now on the market and I'll post the link soon once I get it cleaned out totally and looking like the Pottery Barn.
Two weeks until I go - I did get the job...

4 comments:

rae said...

Yea... I found the Sens!
rae

Andrea said...

Finally figured out how to log in so I can come back. Kept forgetting to ask you to send me another invitation!

julie said...

Congrats on the job!! When do you start? I should just call but am too tired and hey, it's 10pm there. Sean is in Vegas now, should I tell him to go be poppa?

Katie said...

Yes tell him to go - it was funny and Mark even like it.
A - I'll send you another invite. You just need to create an account - or hmmm... maybe your own blog. haha!