= one busy weekend for Mark! We've been going non-stop all weekend or I guess I should say Mark has. Saturday night we went bowling with the crew from Chester - I will just say that playing Wii bowling has not improved my score at all! I got a 71! In my defense I got stuck with a 12 pound ball and slippery shoes - the 10 pounder made an appearance in the 2nd game and that didn't help much at that point. Busy night at the bowling alley! After bowling they had arranged for a dinner for us in the bar next door. We walked in to a band playing really awful music - and they had a following of groupies. It was so bad we couldn't hear each other and I had cotton ears in the end. We wrapped up the night in the kiddie party room at the bowling alley - you know the place with sticky fingered chairs and lots of fruit flies! It was a better alternative and hey fruit flies like beer so we made them real happy. All in all it was fun and definitely a different night out.
Sunday morning consisted of Mark rolling out at 5:45 am for his shift at the Firehouse pancake breakfast. This was after getting to bed after midnight. I barely noticed him leaving - I like my sleep. I showed up for my pancakes and sausage at around 10am - best pancakes around here so far. Mark got home at noon and crashed for a nap. Right before I went to roll him out his fire bell went off - brush fire on top of the mountain. He was then gone until 4:00 and came home looking like he fought with a bush and lost. Scratches and bloodies. Yuck! Right after dinner it went off again - no idea what this one was, but it was right down the road - MVA maybe?
I'll save my St. Patty's dinner for Tuesday - it was a hit and I have a feeling soda bread will be making our menu more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment