Found a new place to take you if you come visit... The Bakery
Saturday morning I decided it was time to go get some paint for the kitchen (that will be another post later) and also to check out this place I kept reading about - The Bakery. That's what they call it for real. Creative - ha. Food - yum!
They make their own bagels - or at least make you think so - not sure which. Many flavors come in whole grain or white. I got a whole grain onion - they were out of "everything" at that point. Very good and I couldn't tell it was good for you either. With a dallop of cream cheese it was pretty close to perfect. To go with it I got a pommagrante white tea iced. Again very good. Not sweet, not over done either. I scored a table in the little courtyard and enjoyed the warm sunny weather on Saturday. For the take home portion - I couldn't resist the case of treats - I got a cheese stuffed pretzel with pesto, a chocolate chip cookie and a peanut butter brownie. I shared them all with Mark and they got two thumbs up. The deli case looked amazing - except for the unicorn filet. Anyone want to guess what that was? Even knowing what it really is there is no way I could try it - unicorn? Seriously folks - unicorn? Even had a rainbow on the sign. I think they were trying to be funny.
Seeing how it was so good I had to take Mark back today for breakfast - bagels again. Really that is how good they are - best I've had here outside of NYC that is and these are pretty much the same thing. Next time I'm going to check out the little stores in the area. It's pretty touristy, but The Bakery is sort of hidden and unless you've heard of it you might just walk by - pretty unassuming. Yummmmmy!
No comments:
Post a Comment