Sunday, October 24, 2010

Back to Bedrest

The return to work experiment was a failure and I'm back on bedrest for the duration now. ight have been the fun we had Saturday? Or the stress of finding out the chair we want for the babies room would take 10-12 weeks for delivery. I mean come one. Anyway the threat of being admitted if it happens one more time is looming above my head and I will be spending lots of time in the recliner from here on out. And let me tell you this hospital is not like the last. I will say their food is much better, but that's about it.
This time I spent the WHOLE night in triage. 6 beds of craziness. I was the only person until about 2 am and then the place filled and went nuts. 2 emergency c-sections and whiney nurses arguing about who had to go be the "baby catcher" and who got sent home before it got crazy. Is it just me or is it unprofessional to bitch about how much you don't want to be at work within earshot of any patients. Seriously unprofessional. I will give that feedback on the survey AFTER I have the baby and am home free. My nurse today during the day was awesome though and even went through the buffet to get me my dinner before they discharged me. I had heard another nurse saying how great she was last night so I knew when I heard her name this morning I was in luck.
We are now home after less than 24 hours of observation - woohoo! Baby is doing great and I have two appointments this week. At least 2 more weeks until we are home free.

3 comments:

Marjie said...

Well, just don't start watching soaps

Katie said...

Mostly reading. I have started watching The Doctors which is on at 9 am. The things they discuss are pretty funny and one of the former bachelors is on it. Good entertainment.

VAMOM said...

Gosh Katie I can't believe you were in the ER again. I know you will be happy just to stay put now for the next few weeks. Hope you have lots of good books ....We are big fans of Ken Follett and his epic books. His new one is out ..haven't read it but Caroline said it is really good.
Thinking of you..