Friday, October 8, 2010
Outsourced
Outsourced is our new favorite TV show and the other night the real life applicability of it came to haunt Mark. You see Mark got a new job (woohoo!!!) and had to turn in his cell phone (boohoo). This is his lifeline to the world and I knew I needed to be able to call him anytime if something was to come up before he got his new cell phone from his new job next week. So I sent him off to Wally's to get a track phone - in this case it was called the Net10. The thing is tiny! Anyway he comes home and waits until really late at night to activate it ( I am in bed sleeping and miss out...). He has to call to activate it. Mark does not like talking to machines so he must have asked for a "operator." Turns out he was calling India - like in the show Outsourced - and the operator could not understand him nor he her. In the end the phone was not activated and I'm going to guess there was a fair amount of cussing going on downstairs as he was still annoyed when he got up. The next morning he is telling me how his phone still doesn't work and about the lady who could not speak clearly in India. So I have him go get the directions and I take a stab at it. First off I don't mind talking to machines - you can skip all the fluff talk. Second I could understand the machine man very well and was able to activate the phone in about 10 minutes. You have to enter a ton of codes and I'm pretty sure this is where speaking English clearly causes a problem. I think this little experience makes watching Outsourced all the more entertaining - although I will admit they are easier to understand on the show. I guess they have to be or no one would watch it? You can catch the pilot online still. Not for little ears either!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment