Bed rest for the duration of the baking of baby S. And two cats who think I am here to entertain and feed them 24/7. I'm thinking since it's not raining today they might get to enjoy the back porch. Build up their winter coats a bit? With 68 days to go the countdown will become a daily thing for sure. Even though Baby S. is measuring at 4.4 lbs on the ultrasound I am only measuring in at 30 weeks, which is right on target so maybe the u/s is off? Sort of hoping so because a 10 pound baby is a little too big. He would not get to wear many of the cute newborn stuff and all the newborn diapers would be handed off to someone else.
It's very nice to be home after the drama of this weekend. The short stint in the hospital was interesting and I now know what happens when you show up in nothing but your pj's... you get a neato gown, fuzzy blue socks and fake undies. Not worth trying to wear your own stuff at times because of all the goop from the monitors that goes everywhere. Besides that you don't have any laundry to take home then . Another plus was the extensive food menu if they let you eat. I didn't get anything for 24 hours so the next time around I will be eating a snack in the car on the way there. My last meal was Friday night at 7:00 - after our car ran out of gas and then I forgot to eat a snack before bed. Never again. Back to the food. Found I had to get creative and build a meal type thing. Sunday night they brought my dinner 1 hour and 15 minutes after I ordered it. Cold soup and burned grilled cheese. YUCKO! The best part was about 10 minutes before it got there I called to say it had not arrived yet and they put in another order for me and told me to call back if it came. Well it came, but after the kitchen closed so no one answered. The 2nd order showed up - same slow delivery chick and I gladly took it. A little warmer this time and not burned. And I got 2 banana's out of the deal. Should have ordered cookies with that meal! Mark has all kinds of great heat and eat meals set up in the fridge at home so I am golden for this week at least. He has all sorts of night time things this week so it's working out good with those meals for me.
Will try to post some pictures from the shower I missed later.
2 comments:
Katie,
So happy you are home and feeling good and the baby is doing well! A scary few days and i was thinking of you! Julie conveniently had your blog listed on hers so I was happy to read your entry.
Hang in there and enjoy the Rand R.
Thanks - we are doing well so far with the R and R.
Post a Comment