The cats passed the baby test the other day. I had a friend come over with her one year old to visit. Just so happens that the baby loves cats and she immediately set off to pet them. Mani of course is very curious and was patient with the patting to a certain point. Then he got bored and would run and hide from her. Cali took a poke to the eye and didn't even meow much less move. Mani was very interested in the baby cookie so he may like a baby more than we think. I will be buying a screen for the crib and pack and play. They are way to excited about the baby stuff we have now and they don't need to be napping with the baby.
The test they are not passing is me being home. They are fighting over who gets to sit with me all day and of course they sit at the end of the recliner so you can imagine what happens when I have to get up. Yep. Cat on the floor. I try to warn them that it's time to get up and I give a little nudge. Doesn't work. They are starting to find other places to sleep so maybe it is happening. The past two morning I've come downstairs and they are both sitting in my chair giving me the evil eye daring me to dump them out. So I do.
I have ended the all day whining for food by ignoring them. After a couple days they just stopped. The bad part is they start the whining as soon as Mark walks in and he is not as good as I am as ignorning them. Yesterday I fed them as he was pulling up because it is annoying to listen too. Sort of worked. That training will continue.
Off to wake them up again - napping all day needs to end so they sleep more at night!
1 comment:
Katie the cat trainer. Good job!
Post a Comment