Friday, November 12, 2010

31 days to go!

I keep watching the ticker count down and 31 days doesn't sound long right now. In fact if we go 10 more it's a full moon and I would be perfectly fine with this little chunker coming about then. We have the baby class this weekend and I'm hoping they have good seating because I'm used to sitting back in the la-z-boy all day. Sunday I hope to get Mark to move the baby furniture around and put the pictures up on the wall. He's so good at that and I can't do it obviously. This weeks appointment seemed to last forever. First an ultrasound downstairs, then the doctors were goofing around about the name of a baby that one of them delivered the night before.... G-Honor pronounced much like Giana, which I happen to think is pretty, but this poor girl will forever be spelling out her name to everyone. Gee your Honor I didn't mean it. Oh the jokes. Poor thing. Then they started discussing other crazy things parents have done. It's a new office, just not sound proof obviously since I heard it all and was laughing when my doctor finally did come in. Thank godness we choose a normal name. Then they did a stress test on the baby and I had to wait for the machine to become available. At least he is cooperative during them and I only had to be on it for 20 minutes. Next week is the same drill, but the ultrasound should take longer because they want to see how big he is now. I'm guessing over 7 lbs., which is why I'd be happy if he showed up in 10 days.

2 comments:

Marjie said...

Ten days would be perfect. A low pressure center going over fills up the maternity wards too

H said...

You are almost there! Can't wait to hear all about the little guy!
G-Honor. Now that is impressive. That poor, poor child!