and delivers and delivers.... to our house. They will not be delivering the baby though. Almost everyday this week I've heard the truck pull up and the guy in the brown uniform run up the steps, drop a box, tap the dooror better yet the handrailing on the steps and run. I actually caught him in the act one day and said hi and think I scared him half to death. Pretty funny. Even more funny is half the time I can't remember what I have coming so that's half the fun of opening the box. There are Christmas gifts for Mark. Christmas gifts for the baby - don't worry I just got him one thing. Mark also got a few packages of his own this week - no idea what. Now I'm just waiting on the camera we ordered - a gift from Mark's parents and it appears that is coming via the USPS (the man in the little white truck who gets many holidays off...) so that might take ages. That will mean a trip to mail box on a daily basis until it comes. I'm hoping they give me the ok to do a little walking soon so I can get this baby moving in the right direction and then I won't have to modify that little rule too. To be honest it's no different than parking the car at the doctors office and walking to their office - right? Thought so.
Something else I've discovered by being on bedrest is that online shopping is the bomb. Great sales and so many choices. Amazon is one of the best. Anna and Emily are getting some cool birthday gifts and all the nieces and nephews will be getting fun stuff for Christmas. No pj's this year unless I find a great sale. Julie and Sean just might get the red stripped pj's.... LOL! Or the pj's with the escape hatch in the rear? Those looked might cool (not!). The best part of online shopping is I don't have to wrap it and someone else mails it for me. AND no trips to the mall, which I really do not like doing. I hate the mall here - not all malls just the one here mostly. I will say that Target no longer requires a quarter to get a shopping cart so hats of to them. The downer is they don't keep the little rider carts charged so that really shortens any sort of shopping trip I might be going on there. I also noticed that Amazon offers free shipping when you buy a certain dollar amount. Bonus.
And for the record I don't spend all day online shopping/browsing I am actually doing some work for work.
1 comment:
It's a wonderful new world. I love Amazon too. I will buy from anyone with free shipping.
Post a Comment