Sunday, February 13, 2011

Keenan Inn

The Inn owner ... salting the driveway. Good thing she has sure footing - that is icy!

Emily the Entertainer. Such a cutie pie!

Anna showing off her incoming tooth!

ok... this is just a little late, but I'll still post it! ... if I was doing one of my reviews of my Kansas vacation I'd be on Yelp or Trip Advisor, but I'm sure Julie wouldn't want random people calling to book her guest room so I just get to review it here. Now our visit was much longer than we expected, but I would have been trapped at home too so being in Kansas was nice because we had others to entertain us both.
We had a great time visiting and Lane really misses his cousins. Not sure if school will match up, but we shall see. (daycare to some, but we decided to call it school and come to find out they call it school too so I guess we made one good decision... sorry digression) Emily is adorable and I'm pretty sure the girls at school won't be nearly as cute. I'm biased though because she is my niece.
The room... very comfy and plenty of room for our crap. The bed was great - sheets fresh - lol! Would I expect less. Nope. Hot showers too!
The food... the reason for this review actually. Chef Julie whipped up some great meals and even if she was raiding the freezer it was good stuff. Way better than I could have done at home and all new things for me. She made it look easy so I will be trying them out once I am back to work. Loved the salmon (which you too can try if you have Schwan's service)! The side dish was also good, but I can't remember what it was called. Not risoto, but close. The gnocchi with asparagus and mushrooms - to die for! (that too can be delivered by the Schwan god). The very best dish however was the tiliapia with tortilla coating. Very Mexican and went well with the beans and chips. The very best was the lemony chicken pasta dish with broccoli that she whipped up from Barefoot Contessa. Seriously yummy! Also had another light pasta dish from Barefoot Contessa with marinated tomato's - holy garlic breath. So good! I was so inspired I ordered a couple of the Barefoot Contessa cookbooks that she had (and for her I ordered the new one she didn't have - which hopefully has arrived by now). If you don't have one check out the Barefoot Contessa website for a few freebies. The cookie recipes are also simple and oh so good! So yes we much enjoyed the hospitality very much! Definitely a five star stay for us.

No comments: