so this got lost in the shuffle... so going back a week... here we go!
The trip home from Kansas was a long one! It was quite the trip starting with it being rescheduled at 5:30 am because there were no taxi's in Manhattan (KS). There was no way I was waking Julie up and then loading us all into the minivan to go careening into the trees at the bottom of her driveway. American was nice enough to reschedule us for the 3rd or 4th time this week. We finally got to the airport via something way nicer than a taxi around 11am - huge thanks to Tiffany!
The trip home from Kansas was a long one! It was quite the trip starting with it being rescheduled at 5:30 am because there were no taxi's in Manhattan (KS). There was no way I was waking Julie up and then loading us all into the minivan to go careening into the trees at the bottom of her driveway. American was nice enough to reschedule us for the 3rd or 4th time this week. We finally got to the airport via something way nicer than a taxi around 11am - huge thanks to Tiffany!
Our flight was a little late getting out, but they assured us we would make our connections. The first sign that maybe they weren't telling us everything was when we had to wait 30 minutes to dock at the gate in Dallas. Lane pretty much voiced what we all wanted too and proceeded to have a loud screaming session. When we finally got off the plane we had to wait for our carry on's. And wait, and wait and wait. It must have been at least 30 minutes if not more. Turns out the baggage ramps were frozen and there was one for the whole terminal. Ok fine I did have an hour to get to my plane initially. I clearly wasn't paying attention to the time because while I did dash to our next flight I barely made it. No potty break, no diaper change and no Pappasita's (this was the saddest moment as I was really wanting some Mexican at this point... ok all I really wanted was some lunch, but it did look good!).
So... we make the connection with a minute to spare and they gave me a whole row - 2nd from the 1st class and I got to bring on Lane's seat. If you have not flown long distance sharing a two seat row with a 400 lb., 6 ft tall man let's just say you will need a drink to survive, but you can't drink because junior might want a snack in flight. Ok, who am I kidding there is no way I could breastfeed in that situation... anyway... I was super grateful to finally have some space on the plane. I was told to pick up my stroller at the baggage claim area. Note to others... it is always left plane side. So I carried Lane in the car seat with my huge backpack and diaper bag through Newark airport to the baggage claim. That was an awesome workout. Grabbed my overstuffed big suitcase and proceed to wait and wait for the stroller. It didn't show up. Turns out it was at the gate. If they would have told me to go get it I probably would have had a melt down. The girl at the luggage claim counter clearly thought I was an idiot. I really didn't care at that point, but I was not about to go back through security with the baby and all my crap.
The bonus of the whole trip was the place I parked at. They have your car waiting for you and this means it is cleaned off and dug out. That alone was worth the $64 I paid to park there for 8 days. I would have paid them $50 to do that actually given the ice buried lot it was in. When he say I had Lane with me he told me to tell him next time and he will have the car warmed up. How awesome is that? They even honored the discounted rate for my entire stay not just the first 6 days. So we finally made it home by 11 pm and Lane had some daddy time before being shipped off to bed. Acutally he shipped daddy off to bed and we had some baby wind down time before hitting the hay. He was so excited to see Mark it was so cute...
No comments:
Post a Comment