Friday, February 11, 2011

Port Aransas - day one

We survived the drive from Houston - took about 4 hours or so and the first stop was a snack stop for me because I was holding out hope I would find a Chick-A-Fil, but after Houston there was none. boo. The drive was long, flat, brown and long, flat and brown... not too exciting as you might imagine from my long, flat and brown description. Heck, I didn't see anything other than McDonalds and Subway (in gas stations of course) once I left Houston. LOL! The Walmart was dinky too. Think little grocery store. I did find some good crackers to tide me over. Everyone drove a pickup truck and the speed limit was 70 on roads where I would expect at home for it to be 55. Sweet. It was sunny and that was deceiving because it was COLD! Started out at 29 degree's and ended the day at about 48. Keep in mind we are in Texas almost down to the the Mexican border on the ocean. It should be warm here. And it's freezing. FREEZING. Saturday it should be in the 60's and hopefully we can get a walk in on the beach. More pictures too of course....

No comments: