Monday, May 12, 2008

Always the traveler

Since we took a really long ride this weekend to Rochester we had lots of time to talk. Our first talk was where are we stopping for dinner - food always comes first. I get cranky when I'm hungry and I was hungry. Our original destination for Friday night was Verona and a visit to the casino there, but that plan was delayed in the rush to Rochester. So we decided to still hit Verona for dinner at this place Mark had been to as a child - it has a big cow out front. That's what he remembers. So we didn't know the name or even really where it was so we used the trusty Garmin once we got close and figured out it must be Joel's Big Steakhouse - cow = steak was our theory and we were right! Big old plastic cow out front. We both ended up with fish and were very pleased or as Mark said your childhood rememberences are never as good as you recall, but this was even better. Mine was crusted with parm cheese and had a dill-mayo under it. Excellent choice. We will be back I'm sure on one of our many road trips to Rochester this summer.
Our other topic had to do with the fact my husband has never bought any bath soap in the entire time I've known him and no this is not an "ewwww" moment because he does wash each day with soap. He never has to buy it as he always has extra's from all his road trips for work. Let me tell you we have enough soap to last a really long time and we've even given some away. I usually prefer my body wash, but every once in a while I'll use them too. Right now we are using a big bar we got on our honeymoon. Yes crazy I know - I only know where it's from because it says Marriott Kauai on the box. I can't figure out why most hotels give you two to three bars a night - you know facial, body, and hand soap - just a waste. We know what to do with it! Take it home! And then there is the coffee that we don't drink ... makes a great surprise for Grandma and whichever parent we see first. In case you're wondering he doesn't bring every free item home - lotions are a no-no as they are a pain to get out of the little bottles. So the next time you're in a hotel....

2 comments:

julie said...

I've seen the stash of soap, it's real.

Marjie said...

Your dad loves the little shampoos. Some of the stuff is very high end. Always fun to visit your house!