Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What's in your cone?

Yes, it's ice cream season and we are so blessed to have a Carvel's just up the road within in easy walking distance. Great excuse to go on a walk. In fact it was the reward for being good on the walk last night. Now we haven't gone that many times - it's been kind of cool up until now, but we did go last night.
What's a Carvel? Well it's sort of homemade ice cream so it's soft and creamy and comes in various flavors with lots of yummy ingredients like cookie bits, cake bits, peanut butter, and fruit. My favorite is the rainbow sherbert - I think there are like 6 different flavors in it. I've now determined that since you get two scoops for a small that I can request two flavors on my cone so I get the freshly made sherbert if I'm in the mood for that. The orange and lemon were my choices yesterday. Next time maybe the pink and blue - don't ask me what flavors those are I couldn't quite tell. I can't wait for a birthday so we can get one of their ice cream cakes - there is one in the shape of a whale. Is that appropriate or what? It's chocolate if that helps any? So what's in your cone?

2 comments:

julie said...

My friends from NJ all talk about Carvel ice cream cakes like they are heaven. I was suspicious, after all, look at their taste in hair. haha!

Marjie said...

At Danny's Frozen Custard in Monroe I tried a Turtle Sunday. It was heaven. Split with Paul. Usually I get the twist. No more.