Sunday, May 4, 2008

Always looking for a Winner

So we like to gamble - this can range from 50/50 tickets at a baseball game to lottery scratch off's to a night at the casino. Oh and the Kentucky Derby (we didn't win at all this year!) Anyway I think we've found something even more fun! Mark does love to grocery shop, as many of you know, and our local grocery store has a promotion going with scratch and wins. Donate a $1 to the American Cancer Society and get a scratch and win ticket. You are guaranteed a prize if you don't win the cash portion. So what are we winning? Well at first I thought it was healthy stuff as that would make sense as part of a cancer promotion. Things like yogurt, Alive water, juice, and Hostess Mini-treats. Ok maybe they aren't healthy, but they are only 100 calories! Each time we go to the store we buy several - it's exciting and we win fun treats. This weekend I got a bag of Ghirdelli chocolates, Edy's Ice Cream, and chicken patties. Don't think that fits a healthy lifestyle, but it is good and I can justify the healthy in each. The chocolate was dark, the ice cream is full of calcium, and the chicken is white meat. Got it covered. The grocery store has upped the ante a bit too since this has been going on at least 3 weeks and now you get a scoop of Edy's Ice Cream with your purchase. Yum - we bought $5 worth yesterday which means 5 scoops. LOL! I only had 2 scoops and Mark had one - I was told to come back and get more if I wanted too. Nice guy! Must be it looks like I like ice cream a lot. Well I sort of do, but I don't need that much! And do you think we remembered the grocery bags - nope. Need to come up with a good system to remember them!

1 comment:

Marjie said...

Good combo, gambling and groceries. The rub is remembering the bags. Shirley keeps hers in the back seat of the car. she still forgets them, but they are closer. Mine is hanging on a door knob. I am not as evolved as she is.