Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fall Colors & Fun!

Dad with the mules
The jumper making it to the field!
Overlooking West Point from 9W (just in case you know the area)

We have had my parents here since Tuesday and they've been all over to see lots of stuff. Color is getting close to peak so it's very pretty. And it's still nice! Mark took dad to a football game at West Point today and Army actually won - they beat Eastern Michigan! Here's a few pictures from the game.


Mom and I did a bit of shopping and went out for lunch - finally some really good Italian. There are lots of Italian places to eat, but not all are that great. Coppola's was yummy! Good meatballs and excellent red sauce! I went back to my new favorite home store - Hammer Town. They have these really cool tin hammered mirrors, but also lots of great unique items. I got a cool rug last weekend that goes great with all my Fiesta dishes and it wasn't big enough so I returned it and ordered the next size up. It wasn't in stock at the store so that requires a trip back to Rhinebeck - that is no hardship as I saw at least 3 more places I want to test for lunch.

We are taking the train to NYC tomorrow (the color should be amazing along the river) and do a bus tour, eat some real NYC pizza, and visit my favorite tea store - Porto Rico in Greenwich Village. Woohoo!

Since the camera was all warmed up tonight I took some pictures of the back yard from the deck on the first floor off the eat in kitchen. The basement is a walk out so I am up about 15 feet when taking this picture. You can see we've start a rock border - more to do and plenty of rock to do it with! As for the rest of the house well it's not exactly up to pictures today. Too busy having fun!

No comments: