Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Perks of Work

Some jobs have perks - mine is one of them - sorta. I was asked yesterday how I would suggest getting a vehicle back from North Carolina. Mind you I'm all about saving money and I love to travel so this was an easy answer and the boss thought it was great so.... Next weekend we are flying to Charlotte early Friday morning (6:30 am - yes we are nuts!) to pick up a car from a former employee and bring it back. How I con him into meeting me at the airport at the right time will be my next mission. I'm sure I can handle that one! I was also smart enough to ask if Mark could come along and we'll make a weekend of it - just so happens it's Halloween and the day after our anniversary. Roadtrip and free day off! Nothing like spending 12 hours in a car for our anniversary right? All joking aside I am excited because it's prime color time, we are in the great furniture state and I will be driving an Expedition (and won't be paying for the gas!), and just maybe we will get to spend Halloween in DC seeing some friends. All for F-R-E-E! The furniture thought hit me today as we need some office type stuff and what better place to get it than NC. Most likely it will fit in the big beast we'll be driving. At the very least I need 3 bar stools. How convienent is that? Don't worry I'll be sure to bring back pictures!

1 comment:

Marjie said...

What a great road trip! Check out DC for us, we have never been there.