Tuesday, July 13, 2010

am I in the 60's?

A trip to New Paltz often makes me wonder what dream I'm stuck in. After my yoga class tonight I was feeling very relaxed as I walked out the door. Across the street there was this guy walking. Not to be gawky, but I just sort of couldn't stop staring and it took me about 30 seconds to process the vision. He was a monk dressed in a brown wool "outfit" complete with flip flops. Just beebopping down the street. Not something you normally see out in public, but this is New Paltz and I totally forget the variety of life that is found there. To make it even more interesting while gawking (and processing the vision) I almost ran into a group of college age hippies - wearing head bands and all. Total Woodstock vision. At that point I was sure I was having some out of body experience and decided my best bet was to high tail it to my car before something else crossed my path. I know I was staring. College must be in summer session there.

No comments: