Our pool came with an "easy to assemble" ladder. That was what we were told and also what the packaging said. We started assembly last Tuesday night. We just finished on Monday. 6 days of assembly? Easy to assemble? I think not. Do not be fooled and never buy a ladder that looks like this! Ever! Plastic is your first warning to step away from the box. Run, don't walk. We could only handle about 30 minutes of assembly at a time. Get this you have to bend the plastic steps and then pop them into holes. This requires superhero strength. Lucky Mark was the super hero, because I certainly am not. Oh the best part. We are supposed to drill into the railing that goes around the pool and attach that god damn thing with 3 inch bolts. Whatever. That is not happening.
So the plan. It just has to last this season. Next spring we will put up a deck at ground level and have some steps that go up to the pool and then a different type of easy entry steps to get into the pool. I can't wait to try and get the ladder (which is now filled with water because the plastic is hollow) out of the water this fall. I think it's a job for three men.
2 comments:
We bought the deck that went with this ladder that was a super big project and after two days of feeling like a weight lifter we had it in place. The ladders you're right they do require super human strength and due to the heat I managed to put one side together then go inside to cool off before trying to put the other side in. I did find that if you bend and then stand on the step to keep it folded worked better then a quick one two into place before any choice words came out worked for me. The biggest problem I had was the getting the 2nd side on and getting those blasted pegs to go thru. I stood on it and tried sitting on it bouncing but I'm glad to report that I didn't have enough weight, something that I'm sure would shock others. So I had hubby sit on it and bounce when he got home and they popped in for him. He looked at me and said "so what was your problem?". Very funny! NOT! Our instructions said to weight down the stairs inside the pool with pea gravel in to hollow tubes otherwise it would float which ours would fill with water but not enough to make it stand on the floor of the pool. Are you experiencing that problem too? filled it with pea gravel and it is sound as can be. MUCH better than those horrible ladders you have to straddle to get in and out of the pools that come with the cheaper model pools so I'm happy so far. The deck is also making it a little more worth while having that.....
good job on the steps though, they are challenging.
We didn't have to use pea gravel as it filled with water nicely. The fun part will be pulling it out for winter! I'm eyeballing those fan steps that look like they belong in an inground pool. Lots of choice words for this project ;~)
Post a Comment